Saturday 5 October 2013

Redbridge library awards

Back in the summer I wrote about how The Book of Summers was voted Fiction Winner in The Big Red Read Award 2013. Readers in the London borough of Redbridge's thirteen libraries chose it as their favourite of the shortlisted books, and I was pleased as punch. Last week I visited Fullwell Cross Library to pick up my award, having had to sadly missed the ceremony in May. It was a great chance to meet some readers, see inside one of Redbridge's really quite smashing libraries (Fullwell Cross is an especially snazzy example), and say thank you...

Time for a little then and now shot, I think...

Here's what I looked like the last time I came home with the silverware...

... and last week at Fullwell Cross, clutching my posh Fiction Winner glassware...


A big thank you to all who voted for The Book of Summers, and everyone at Fullwell Cross for making me feel so welcome.