Sunday 30 December 2012

Sprucing (pruning & mucking about)

I've spent today sprucing up my writing room, as I like the idea of starting 2013 with a little less (a tiny bit less) clutter about me. In my clear-out I came across a postcard I'd forgotten about. It's the work of two of my favourite wise men; words by Patrick Leigh Fermor, design by Alan Fletcher. As I await notes on the second draft of my next novel it seems more appropriate than ever... 


As to my next novel, how DOES it look? At the moment, something like this...


That's the south wall of my writing room, stuck all over with chapter by chapter post-its. Another piece of clutter (or very necessary accoutrement) that survived my grand tidy-up/ chuck-out. 

Writers, here's to 'chopping and pruning and mucking about'. Readers, may you always 'like the sound of it' too. A very happy New Year, one and all.