Tuesday 5 June 2012

Coast to coast

I was very excited to see The Book of Summers included in the Los Angeles Times round-up of Beach Reads in the same week that an ad for my novel appeared in the hallowed pages of The New Yorker. That's some fine coast to coast coverage, and gives me itchy feet - I've never been to New York or California and lust after visiting both. I was also interviewed by Melanie Smith of the US-based website Book Reporter - the questions were the most in-depth I've answered yet, and all the more enjoyable for it - you can read them HERE. Book Reporter also reviewed The Book of Summers, "In every page of this breathtaking novel is a strong sense of place and humanity. Readers will really appreciate the solid, artistic, beautifully descriptive quality of Emylia Hall's writing." You can read the review in all of its loveliness HERE. What else? My publisher MIRA offered Vera Wang beach totes to readers tweeting their favourite summer memories, and after a Book Reporter competition twenty-five signed copies of The Book of Summers have gone to winners across the USA, from Gulf Breeze to Baton Rouge, from Scottsdale to Breckenridge. A brilliantly exciting first Publication Week across the pond, then. It might call for another batch of blueberry pancakes...